The first deposit bonuses are given by a casino and usually, matches the player’s first deposit up to a certain amount. The amount and features differ from one casino to another.
First Deposit Bonuses Examples
- Rizk Casino – 200% bonus up to £100
- 21 Casino – 121% unlimited bonus
- Leo Vegas – 100% first deposit bonus up to £100
- Karamba – 100% first deposit bonus up to £200
- Royal Panda – First deposit bonus up to £100
Some casinos may offer bonuses on subsequent bonuses, increasing the free amount the player can play with.
A player will have to play the first deposit bonus a certain number of times before he can withdraw it. This is called the wagering requirement. A minimum initial deposit is also usually necessary before you can get the bonus. The casino may also give it to you automatically or you may require a request through email.
Each casino may have a different waging requirement. The player may require wagering the bonus money, but some casinos will require wagering both the initial deposit and the bonus before they can withdraw the latter. Some game categories also require contributions to the wagering requirement. The lower the wagering requirement is, the lower the house edge, so a player has a higher chance of winning on these games. A casino may also forfeit the bonus if the player does not meet the wagering requirement within a certain period.
Most casinos separate the player account and the balance account. The player must have used his/her account before meeting the wagering requirement. The player cannot withdraw the initial deposit until he/she meets the wagering requirements else, the player loses both winnings and bonus.
Benefits of First Deposit Bonus
- Longer play
- More chances of winning
Disadvantages of First Deposit Bonuses
- Too many restrictions
- Limits on cashouts
Finding the Terms and Conditions
The link to the Terms and Conditions page is usually at the bottom of the online casino’s homepage. The link to the contact page may also be there for further details and assistance of the players. Some casinos also offer live chat.
Terms and Conditions Examples
- One person per household bonus limit
- Minimum deposit necessary before you can claim the bonus
- You must meet the Wagering requirements before the initial deposit, and possible winnings to withdraw
- Withdrawing the initial deposit may result in losing both winnings and bonus
- Bonus should be wagered sometimes before a withdrawal can be made
- Wagering requirements differ from one game to another
- The first deposit bonus has an expiration period
- Bonuses are not available in some countries
- The player can’t claim Bonuses simultaneously
- A minimum bet is defined until wagering requirements are met
- The users of Neteller and Skrill from the UK can’t avail the First Deposit Bonus.
- If fraudulent behaviour is determined, the casino may void both the bonuses and the winnings of a player
- The casino may change the terms and conditions at any time
Other Terms and Conditions a Player Should be Aware of
- Deposit options – The player may use Neteller, Skrill, or credit and debit cards from Visa or MasterCard to make the initial deposit or withdraw the bonus and winnings.
- Withdrawals – Each casino may differ in its withdrawal rules. Read carefully.
- US player restrictions – Some casinos do not accept players from the US because of conflicting gambling laws.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best First Deposit Bonus
- Higher percentage match
- Higher maximum bonus
- Lower wagering requirements
- Good reviews from players
- Reputation of the casino
- Conforming to eCOGRA and other financial regulators
A welcome bonus might not be worth it if the first deposit is tied up for a certain availing period.